منتدى كليه التربيه الرياضيه ( الغير رسمى)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

للاسف روجر فدرر خسر

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

islam

islam
خلاص بقيت في الفورمة
خلاص بقيت في الفورمة

[img]للاسف روجر فدرر خسر 2007_010[/img]Federer felled: Canas produces shock upset

By Kamakshi Tandon

It had to happen. Some day, some time, Roger Federer would lose again.

But no one, not even the man who defeated him, knew it would be during the world No. 1’s opening match at Indian Wells. “I dream... I don’t expect,” said Guillermo Canas, who pulled off a stunning 7-5, 6-2 win on Sunday.

It was Federer’s first loss since Cincinnati last August and his first opening-match loss since Cincinnati in 2004.

The loss snapped Federer’s 41-match winning streak and ensured that the 46-match streak established by another Guillermo – four-time Grand Slam champ Guillermo Vilas – would continue to stand as the longest in men’s tennis.

It wasn’t the only one notable record Federer missed out on with his early loss. By winning the event, he would have tied the record for consecutive tournaments won with his eighth straight title.

Federer, who called the trainer twice during the match, said he was not hampered by any serious injury, though he conceded that he had a “little bit” of trouble with blisters. “I just had to take the tape off,” said Federer. “I hate taking time-outs.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum